One of the most crucial phases of a child’s growing years is up to 6years of age. During this period, children undergo a significant increase in physical and mental development. Your child’s fussy eating may lead to nutritional gaps which may affect their growth. One of the key factors for Ideal growth and development is adequate nutrition1,2. PediaSure® – Abbott’s hallmark brand is trusted by mothers in over 80 countries for providing adequate nutrition for their children**
PediaSure® is a nutritional supplement that provides complete, balanced nutrition for children 2 years & above– those special years of rapid growth and development. When consumed in proper amounts, PediaSure® is scientifically formulated to provide 100% of the recommended dietary allowance for Macro nutrients (Carbohydrates, proteins & fats) & micronutrients (Vitamins & Minerals) that are required for growth and development3. PediaSure® also contains FOS(fructo oligo sachharides) which is a prebiotics & Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus acidophillus which are probiotics to support immunity. Formulated with 37 nutrients, PediaSure® is scientifically shown to help increase height and weight, reduce chances of infection & sick days*,4.
PediaSure® also contains nutrients such as Taurine, Choline and Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids to help support brain development.
** Children at nutrition risk
- Ghai OP.Normal growth and its disorders in: Ghai essential Pediatrics 7th edition; Ghai OP, Paul V, Bagga A
- Ekstein S et al. Does Picky Eating Affect Weight-for-Length Measurements in Young Children?. Clinical Pediatrics, 2010. 49(3): 217–220
- Nutritive values of Indian foods, ICMR; 2012
- Fisberg M, et al. Effect of Oral Nutritional Supplementation with or without Synbiotics on Sickness and Catch-up Growth in Preschool Children. Int Pediatr 2002; 17: 216- 22
- Ghosh AK, et al. Effect of oral nutritional supplementation on growth and recurrent upper respiratory tract infections in picky eating children at nutritional risk: A randomized trial. J int Med res. 2018 Jun; 56(6):2186-2201
- Pediasure Ranked first in Value Sales in Toddler HFD (Health Food Drinks) Segment of Beverage Category for the Period MAT Dec 2018 in All India (Urban)- Value Market Share, Nielsen RMS Report
*Less infection refers to less chance /incidence of upper respiratory tract infection. Depiction of growth. Growth here implies to weight and height. Results may vary in children at nutritional risk given nutritional counseling with or without nutritional supplementation for 90 days. 1)Alarcon P. Clin Pediatr.2003;42:209-217 ( ONS group consuming 40 mL/kg/day of PediaSure in addition to a normal diet) and 2)Shaikh I. Malaysian Journal of Nutrition, Vol 21, Suppl, Jan 2015. Pg S81 (Among children with upper respiratory infections).